Wednesday, June 2, 2010

transforming a heart of stone


I feel like a fraud.
I often paint myself as a girl who has it all together. A person who with all her heart is striving to glorify Jesus. I see the depths of my heart. I hear my inner dialogue. I am with myself all day long and throughout the night and I am the most selfish person. Inconsiderate, unloving hypocrite who is incredibly self-rightous. If you ask the ones that are the closest to me, they would quickly agree.
I write this to remind you that I am a sinner. I am not perfect and I do not have everything figured out. I am in desperate need of a Savior and His grace.
I have found that freedom and livelihood comes when I am most honest with myself and others. When I allow people to know the real me. The unkempt me.
I am being restored. I am a work in progress… a major one. But, Jesus loves me too much to leave me the way I am. 
He is faithful to change his child’s heart from that of a stone to one of flesh.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, how this reflects my heart as well. Love you lots, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete