Monday, May 17, 2010

universal longings

I was flipping through People Magazine looking for the story about Sandra Bullock's sweet new baby and ran across a quote from a Hollywood Starlet that I kept replaying in my mind.
Jennifer Aniston stated in People Magazine that, "I feel beautiful when... I'm surrounded by friends that know me and love me". This woman who seems to be untouchable simply stated that she feels most beautiful when she is with people who know her completely and love her anyways. Don't we all desire that?
Jennifer, just like myself feels most free, valued, genuine, raw, restful and beautiful when she is able to be utterly known. She feels most beautiful when she is known and accepted, understood and loved.
We have an innate desire written on our hearts at birth, which is to be known and loved.
Friends will fail Jennifer Aniston, I know this from experience. Jennifer Aniston's longing to be known and loved by earthly beings merely echoes her deep desire to be unconditionally known and loved by Jesus. She may be unaware of her holy longings that can only be met by the MOST truest Friend, Jesus.
I needed to be reminded that we, as women have universal longings: to desire to be known and loved.
Jennifer Aniston has a courageous heart that admits her desire to be fully known and fully loved. 

1 comment:

  1. ha! i literally just read this today at the hair salon! i seriously love this blog alex. your willingness to be so vulnerable is BEAUTIFUL and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete